One of our biggest failings as humans is our inability to ignore small, unimportant decisions. Keyword: unimportant. I'm not referring to details that add up to something greater, like the tiny details that sum to make this computer a joy to use.
We would all be well-served by focusing on the high-order bits in our lives.
- Creativity and Purpose over following the rules
- Velocity over predictability
- Reducing Consumption over recycling
- Scalable Algorithms over optimal machine code
- Eating less, Exercising more over antioxidants, carbohydrates, high-fructose corn syrup, etc.
I value the items on the right, but I value the items on the left more.